Bidding help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro-Scapes, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

We need to put in a bid for 16 new duplexes all in a row. They are negelected now but not to bad. Im thinking we could do each one in about 25 min. Move the truck once. Trim just around the buildings but will push for spraying it and edge out short driveways and walk ways. Not many obstructions. No windshield time in between and no load unload time once we arrived.

How much would having them all in a row like that affect your bids? If we made a stop like that to cut one it would be around 35 to 40 bucks.

We are going to go back and inspect more before we give a firm bid and check for toys and such in back yard. These are rentals.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Simple.

You have about 8 man hours according to the info you gave. Now calculate it Billy by what $$$ you want per man hour.

3. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

i come up with 6 hours 40 min thats just me tho but i wouldn't discount that much they still need to be cut if you only cut one i would go like 460

4. Pro-Scapes

Yeah we were thinking 480. Maybe tad less due to our market is a bit lower. I'm thinkin its going to go for lower than that and dont wanna lose this deal over $20 With gas prices right now I would kill to have an entire days work all lined up like that. Would save me $30+ in gas.

5. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Fixed costs + variable costs + labour burden + desired profit = price.

Know your numbers and come up with your own bid!!!

6. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd go around $475 a pop and look for extra's.

7. Pro-Scapes

I know my numbers. Was just wondering what if anything others would give off in order to have em all lined up like that. obviously less windshield time and more productive time has to be worth something. I need to figure it out tho and was hoping for some opinions on this because if everyone or alot of guys in the industry would give up a few bucks to have just one stop in a day then obviously i need to take that into consideration in my bid. I just typed the bid and put it in for 470 but put note in the bid that these are rental properties and if there is excessive trash or obstructions in the way areas may be passed over or extra charges will result for trash clean up.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We would discount them about 35% if they are lined up. We run several people in our crews however. In our area duplexes are the lowest profit margin because usually the quality expectations is low.

9. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

If you know what you need to make in a day the other guys numbers are not your concern. Giving your quotes based on what someone else needs to make is a poor choice to make.

10. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Bid low enough and you will get it. How many acres? How many curbs? How many trees? :D :D :cool2: