1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLM-1, Aug 11, 2004.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was asked to bid on a townhome neighborhood. It is like 6 blocks long with two streets branching off. it is absolutely HUGE! Do companies really pay tons of money to have these mowed?? because i am thinking it will literally be about $1500/week for me to mow this. it is pretty nice grass (for rental property) with huge back yards and sidewalks (lots of trimming). i will try and take some pics so you guys can help me bid this....hopefully i am not bitting off more than i can chew!

2. PLM-1

BTW i bought a new Grasshopper 725G2 60" and was thinking about buying a snapper 48 walkbehind? what does everyone think about this equipment?

3. PLM-1

also...i live in this area...should i bid different because of that?? and is it weird to mow where you rent?

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Go for it...you can always finance equipment if you need it

trevor

5. PLM-1

here are some pics...this is only part of it...

pa080045.jpg

6. PLM-1

here is some more

pa080052.jpg

7. PLM-1

there are a couple of areas this size and one BIGGER!

pa080055.jpg

8. PLM-1

two areas like this

pa080054.jpg

9. PLM-1

btw...there are two entrances

pa080050.jpg

10. PLM-1

the grass may look good in the pics...but walk through it...clumps everywhere...ate up trash everywhere...shi$ trimming job...and forget about blowing off...don't we have wind for that anyway LOL...down to it..the company that does it now sucks and takes them two days....they only work 4 hrs on it or so...b4 they come back the next day or even after that