Bidding Jobs? How do you charge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Flex-Deck, May 28, 2000.

1. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Am just getting started and want to know if guidelings exist for bidding purposes?<p>----------<br>Bradley G. Bork, DDS.<br>

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If you go to SEARCH that is in the row under the ad above and type in Charge or Price, you will get over 30 discussions on these subjects. There are thousands of good posts here on different subjects. I hope this helps.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

3. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

Nilsson has several good books on how and what to look for when bidding.

4. I usually get about $100 for an extraction and about $300 for a root canal.

5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Now theres the stone I know and Love!! Welcome back!<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

6. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

My Question is...Why in the %#@$ is a dentist<br>cutting grass!!!!<br>Hell, all the dentist I know only work 31/2 or 4 days a week after about 3 yrs. of opening their practice!<br>What's up with that Doc.?

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

There was an ad in the paper a few days ago. Dentist wanted $85000 year salary. He be just slumming in the grass cutting business

8. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

give the new guy a break. your too quick to judge him. For gods sake youy dont even know the guy. he could be retired. he may be filthy rich but wants somthing to do with his time. My grand dad workd for 40 years had all the moneyhe would ever need but started cutting lawns because he enjoyed it and wanted somthing to do. Some of you guy are way too quick to judge.<br>-Nick

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

If that is true Columbiapower. Then that all we need is another person in the lawn business who doesnt need the money taking away jobs from those who do.

10. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

CLM1- Good Question - I grew up on a ranch in SD. and have loved equipment and the operation of said equipment. As a dentist it is a joy to be out spiffing up the earth God gave us. I wouldn't mind applying for that $85,000 a year job though. Here's saying Hi from small town Iowa.<p>----------<br>Bradley G. Bork, DDS.<br>