1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bidding Jobs - Spring Or Fall?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Crew Cut Lawncare, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Crew Cut Lawncare

Crew Cut Lawncare LawnSite Member

I was wondering if jobs should be bid in the spring or fall. When is the best time to bid new accounts? I have existing accounts but some of them will have price increases.(Bid these in spring or fall?) This is my second year in business and am looking for some advice that will help me in the future. The competition is fierce in this area so I thought of doing all my bids this fall. A downfall of doing this would be if no one is looking for lawncare until spring that my bid would get lost in the shuffle.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

bid them anytime of the year..heck I send out my renewal of service to my current customers at the end of November when the season is still fresh in their mind
  3. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Any time of the year. One of the other LCO's I talked with last week has already landed 3 new (large) commercial contracts for next year. I was waiting for fall to approach companies until he told me that, but realized if I wait any longer I'm going to loose out on some great opportunities.