bidding large properties?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by burninbill, Feb 14, 2005.

1. burninbill

burninbill LawnSite Member

I am bidding a number of large properties this season( about 15). The question I have is how much do you guys discount your prices on product when you deal with a lot of quantity. Ex. i sell a yard of hardwood mulch for $50 including delivery. Should I give a discounted price because I could be using 2 tractor trailer loads at one site. I am trying to be competitive with the big dogs yet have never seen or heard of any of there prices. I do know the company currently doing the property is not doing what they are supposed to do so I have been selling the property manager on the fact that I will be there weekly to do the scope of work that needs to be done.

Any help will be great.

thanks,

Jon
    Cutting Edge Lawn and Landscape LLC

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

First of all, what do you consider large?

Two tractor trailer loads of mulch is anywhere from 150 - 200 yards of mulch. If it were me, I would be expecting some discounted price for a quantity that large before putting it down. If you want to pass along some savings to your customer, well that is your decision. But, you might not have to with this one client since his present supplier (as you said) isn't doing what was agreed on anyhow.

Guess it's up to you...