Bidding on a 4-5 acre job in ohio?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fairwayCuts, Aug 9, 2005.

1. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

Had a cust call me today and wanted a bid on a 5 acre lot. I've got a 60" ztr and am solo. I went and looked at the property and although it is flat, the are a good number of trees. I'd say 100 or 200. She originally asked me to bid without any trimming. For that I was thinking about $150-175. I was also going to give a bid for trimming around the front yard and house and add about $40. That would probably take an extra 45 min. I'm guessing with all the trees and such I can be in and out in 3 hours no problem without trimming. What do you think?

2. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

that isnt the wenz bros. greenhouse is it?

3. fairwayCuts

no, it's a residential prop in perrysburg. Do you think my bid is competitive?

4. cash_money

cash_money LawnSite Member
    from usa

If it's anything over 2 arces then i charge $55.00 an hour Which will cover the price to run the machine,fuel, and maintenance on the mower.

I'm using a 04 60 dixie chopper flat lander 60 so if it really flat out mowing no bumps that lot would take me and hour an half so it would $90.00 a week or if it were bi-weekly it would$110.00.

5. northwest lawn

i did the wenz account that was six acres...i charged $175.00 to do it and i used a 48" w/b when i first started. btw we have passed each other on the road many times more so on reynolds than any where else

6. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

well it sounds like youre close to the buck a minute rule. So I would say you bid right.

7. fairwayCuts

thanks for the info guys. I'll keep an eye out for you northwest. :waving:

8. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

sounds like a fairly reasonable bid ... c

9. northwest lawn

fairway pm me

10. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

Maybe a little on the low side IMO, but in the ballpark.