Bidding on a Library

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bilbo7021, Nov 25, 2003.

1. bilbo7021

bilbo7021 LawnSite Member

I have a question.......just to see if I did this right.

I was asked by the head librarian, and a member of the board to submit a bid for the local town library. They wanted as much detail as I could provide with the bid. So, I broke down everything from what the hourly charge would be for my labor, right through the insurance and taxes. I included bag charges for Fall and Spring cleanups, and gas, and billing etc.

Should I have taken it that far down, or did I screw myself somehow?

And, if I get the job, do I write out a contract for them? Or do I just bill them accordingly?

Sorry, this is the first bidding I've ever done.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Hi Bilbo
    I think you went to far, if its only a bid you don't want to spend a whole lot of time on it. You spend the time writing the details in the contract if the bid is excepted!!! Just my 2 cents

Mac

3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I think you gave too much. How you arrive at the price is your business, they just need the bottom line. As far as details, they probably want job specs such as what will be done and how often. Like mowing, when mulch is applied, chemical applications trimming shrubs etc... It helps justify the price. Hope this helps.

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Like bayfish said....I think they wanted the "scope of work" detailed and not the price. Don't think they care what it cost you.

Good luck...