1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bidding on a project

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JTS lawn care, Jun 25, 2003.

1. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

i am bidding on a project and was wondering what you guys could help me out a little bit it is my first really landscape project. Here is what i have to do remove 5 big bushes and haul away then take out 3 small stumps and then level out a 15'x15' area then brush hog a little over a half acre. i was thinking about charging $1175. do you guys thing that this would be a good price please help.
  2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I sort of bid by day fragments rather than hours.

One day, a half day, etc..

Can it be done in a day? What do you want to take home for that day? Can you move the equipment within that day?

How much do you think the dump fee, gas, rental, etc., will be?

Much of my work is pruning, and we rarely bid in cents. Its in $5 and $10 increments - $75, $300, $900.

So I don't care about 10 minutes.

Its what can I get done in a day, and what do I need to take home from it.

And try to never loose a reasonable job, because it extends the referral line. A $40 Rhody removal can bring a $2000 job from the old woman's son.
  3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I have a guy that does my tractor work so cheap that i would probably only charge about $600 for it cause i can just send my guy out to do it for $300 or less and i dont even have to go to the site until he tells me he is done for final inspection.