Bidding on Commercial accounts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by SouthernYankee, Aug 29, 2005.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to add some more commerical accounts and I was wondering if anyone has any success showing up on commerical properties and just bidding on them? I was planning on making a bid package with a portfolio,cover sheet and bid.
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I would never just show up and bid. Most property managers are very busy people and don't have time to just sit down for 1/2hr or so to go over a bid that they might not even be accepting. Find a few properties that you can comfortably manage and call and ask to speak to the property manager or owner and ask if they are accepting lawn care bids at this time for the 2006 season, if they say yes then set up a time to meet with them and have a little portfolio together and have all your ducks in a row. :waving:
  3. electro

electro LawnSite Member

My company started all residential. We are know 100% commercial. We Started by being subs to other contractors. I think the key to breaking in to a market is networking. Join a networking group. I get 50% of my business through my group. It is called the Executive Association of New Jersey. There are branches in most states.

Good luck,
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi SouthernYankee,

Here is an article that may be helpful.

Getting Commercial accounts, without commercial references

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>