1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bidding on commercial accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Garick, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Garick

Garick LawnSite Member

I recently have a chance to bid on a grocery chain and was wondering how I go about pricing due to the fact they do not have much lawn to mow all they want is a mow, trim, blow, and mulching 2 times per year.

My company is still new at this and we are not real familier with the bidding process. I know people say to bid on the weeding and how long that will take.
    I really at this time do not know they exact measurments, all I know is that its like a Meijer store, which has very little lawn.
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Price it like you would any other lawn. Figure out the time required to mow and the time to do the shrubs and how much mulch you will need each time. I would do the shrubs twice a year and would also include a price for spraying around curb and sidewalks for weeds. Since they don't have much yard look for other maintnance issues to include. Figure out how many mowings, trimmings, and so on you will be doing over the season and ad 10% to that to make sure you don't bid to low and submit the bid for the whole season.
  3. No Rush

No Rush LawnSite Member

Also, since they don't have much yard you could add that you will pick up trash as you work the stores to keep it looking clean.
  4. Garick

Garick LawnSite Member

thanks everyone who replyed
  5. Don't cut your self short on blowing the parking lots. These types of accounts have alot of traffic and trash.