Bidding on commercial properties

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by PrecisionLandscaping, Mar 21, 2007.

1. PrecisionLandscaping

PrecisionLandscaping LawnSite Member

I was wondering how you guys bid on commercial properties? Do you take a bid in to the properties and give it to the property manager or do you call them? I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some advice.

2. mirrorlandscapes

mirrorlandscapes LawnSite Member

How much running around do you want to do? What I usually do for 1st time calls is go to the property and ask the receptionist/front desk/whatever if they know if the company is accepting bids for lawn care contracts or who to talk to in regards to that. They will usually give me a card of the person to talk to or direct me to the right person. I personally like doing face to face business better than just over the phone, it gives you a better chance to make a better impression and shows them that you care enough to make the effort to talk to them.

If you do have to make a phone call, ask if you could set up a meeting with them so you know what you're supposed to bid on. After you submit the bid,follow up with phone calls and visits in person. That's what I've been doing today! :)