1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on gas station chain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Yerkz, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Yerkz

Yerkz LawnSite Member

Checking out a bid request for a local gas station chain and was wondering if anyone had some solid advice for locking it up. Contract will be for keeping grass below 4", shrubs trimmed as needed, landscape beds fully weeded and edged, and mulch to top off in Spring and Fall. I will be bidding on 22 of the gas stations. Each visit looks like it would take about 40 minutes for one person on average. Not many bushes and maybe 1/2 acre of grass. The contract is for 8 months with the bid price on a per month basis per station. I figure with the weed filled grass that every 10 days for cutting and 14 during summer peak totaling 25 mowings. I assume most LCO's charge more for commercial work so I was thinking $175 a month per station. What do you guys think.
  2. Yerkz

Yerkz LawnSite Member

No replies. Well maybe it should be simplified. What is the going rate for a gas station with a few landscape beds and about 8000sq ft of grass. Mow, trim, weed and mulch.
  3. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

Way to low in my opinion, but if you can do it go for it. With prices like that, Walgreen's would love to hear from you as well.