bidding on job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brinlee lawn, Dec 4, 2004.

1. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys had a h.o.a. send me a bid sheet for 05 need a little help. they want to know how much per 100 lb of fertilizer, and how much per square foot for pre and post emergent spraying. any help would be greatly appreciated

2. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

1. What type of grass?

2. What is your square footage?

3. Do they want the shrubs fertlized too?

4. What type of fertlizer and chemicals are you going to use?

5. Have you done a soil test so you know what levels you need?

In order for others to help you will need to supply much more details. Fertlizers go down at different rates.

3. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Grass Is Bermuda, Square Footage Is Approx. 4275, Yes Shrubs To, Boxwood, Red Tip Fotinia, Any Suggestions On What Type Of Fert. And Pre And Post. Emergent. No Have Not Done A Soil Test.

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I would suggest calling a supplier and finding out what the materials will cost you per square foot, not too hard to do. Then taking an educated guess as to how long it will take you to apply the material. Then adjusting that time accordingly based off your now newly learned experience and thus coming to a reasonable and accurate quote for future bids.

Somer refer to this as taking your lumps and learning the business like the rest of us. Although I suppose someone on here can just give you the answer or some misguided times and costs so you wander around aimlessly in this business like 90% of the rest here.

Do you have or need a pesticide license to apply these types of products in your area?