1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on landscape renovation

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by RonM, Jul 15, 2005.

1. RonM

RonM LawnSite Member

Hey! How is everyone?
    This is the first time for me to post, but I have read your post for six months or so. I have learned alot. I pretty much stick to mowing but get ask to bid on a few landscape jobs. I dont mind but I cant seem to get the bidding down for landscaping. I just bid on a residential home. Pretty big. About 300 feet of beds. They wanted all of the mulch removed. Well over 3 in deep, about 200 shrubs trimmed, old landscape border removed, replace all mulch with landscape gravel. I bid a four man crew at 100.00 an hour and I figured about 51 hours. The bid was 5,350. Anyway after I submitted the bid the guy emailed and said he was going to get other estimates. He was all about me until I submitted the bid. Is this high? Thanks Ron
  2. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

is that 300 square feet of beds???
  3. RonM

RonM LawnSite Member

A linear foot. Two in front that is about 100 ft long. One in back. I would say that they are about 4ft wide.