Bidding on new homes development

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HBLandscaping, Jul 20, 2007.

1. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

There is a new homes development being planned just up the street from my house and I have been thinking about contacting the developer and possible putting in a bid on maintaining the grounds around the model homes etc.
    I have a phone call into the company (Called today and left a message with the sec., I will call back later today also)

Has anyone had experience with builders/New home developments?
    What is the best way to go about aquiring these kind of accounts?
    What are somethings that I should look out for when putting in for these bids?
    What are somethings that my bid should have in it ?

Getting this account would be a big boost for my company in so many ways. These houses (100 homes) will be on 1/4 lots with $900+ homes being built on them.

Secondly there is a second neighborhood being planned about 3 blocks from were this one will be and it will be pretty close in lot size and home prices. This neighborhood is being built by another company, so I will have to bid on this one to.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

2. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

More than likely the builder already has someone for the current development. However, you can start now to try and get in on future developments. I believe most of these jobs go up for solicitation bids. How often is up to the builder. So plan low.

3. mikec_j

mikec_j LawnSite Member

Sometimes its easier to get in when they arent so busy i.e. snow removal since the streets are still private property the may be responsible for snow removal. Lots of guys dont like to do the rough streets in an unfinished development.