1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on parks, need help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Oct 14, 2000.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

There are about 10 parks each with an average of 4 acres. No blowing or eding. Minor trimming, maybe 15 mins worth. How much would you charge by the acre? I have three ZTR's 48, 61, 61. Thanks

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I wouldn't bid it by the acre myself. I would probably estimate the amount of time I was going to be at each park and give a total amount per park. With 3 mowers running you should be in and out in an hour or so, sounds pretty easy. I'd figure what you wanted per hour and submit it that way. Don't forget to look up though, might be time consuming when the leaves start falling if there are many trees.

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

If you have big mowers it might be profitable to bid by the acre.
  4. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

How close are the ten parks to eachother? Figure that and the leaves, like Homer said, add the estimated manhours(should be around 3 per site) then add fixed overhead and profits. All that should come up to around $150 per site per visit???