1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on shrubs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawnboy8154, Jul 29, 2005.

1. lawnboy8154

lawnboy8154 LawnSite Member

Is $2.00 -$2.50 per shrub a good price for trimming and branch removal?
    If not ...what might be a good starting place?
  2. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Think about trimming one hundred shrubs. Now would you do that for $250?
  3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Way way way to cheap.

Here is a rough idea.

Small spirea bush that you can trim in lets say 2 minutes. - $3.

ONE evergreen type bush up to around your knees - $5 - $7.

ONE tall evergreen type bush from you waist to your head - $10.

Long row of bushes try to determine how many minutes it will take you and multiply that times your hourly rate per minute.

Trim several limbs of tree around base and in tree to get limbs off house, open up tree. $25 - $50. Anything that is major trimming of tree I tell them to call a tree company.

Cut down a big bush, small tree with a chain saw - $25 - $50.

Add $25 or whatever it cost to haul to dump if it is a good load. If you have somewhere to dump free still charge a dump fee for your time.

I have a minimum of $50 for bush trimming unless it is a customer where I am already at the site to cut the lawn then you can go by how many bushes,trees you need to trim and time to do it.

You will make time mistakes when you first start so definitely start keep track of how long it takes to do certainly size and types of bushes so you can develop a time estimate database.

I have factored in cleanup for each bush in the price.