Bidding On Small commercial Properties

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by inline lawn care, Aug 21, 2007.

1. inline lawn care

inline lawn care LawnSite Member

I have a job proposal for a fast food chain restaurant. How much should I charge?

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Somewhere between $50 and$5000 per cut.

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what a dumb question.

4. inline lawn care

inline lawn care LawnSite Member

Wow!!!! Thanks for the answer. Next time, don't reply. (You know who you are).

5. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

Not to be a smart A$$ but what kind of answer did you expect. That is like asking how much does a new car cost. There are a TON of variables that must be taken into account when bidding on a job.

6. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

:hammerhead:
    :hammerhead: :dizzy: :confused: :laughing: :eek:
    Sorry man, I had to.

7. ShrubandTurf

ShrubandTurf LawnSite Member

Hey Guy I'll help you out . I charge per hr $ 60.00 or one dollar per minute .
    Example : If it takes me 10 minute's to get there and 20 minutes to mow 10 to trim ,10 to edge , and 10 to blow thats 60 minutes = $ 60.00 . I've bid this way for 20 Plus years and it works . But make sure you complete the job in your time allowed . We mow over 65 fast ( Mac Burgers ) food Rest. weekly in the state .

8. Alpha01

Alpha01 LawnSite Member

try $0.002 per sq. ft.

9. MJStrain

MJStrain LawnSite Member

I do a lot of Taco Bells and I charge them 60.00 an hr. The only time that changes is when I'm doing mulch. Then I charge by the yard.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I dare say, for a job really well done, $60 might not be too far off, but I don't know for sure because I've never actually done one.

See I think with McDonald's and other smaller lot properties you can bid somewhat like residential but you have to charge extra (and what I mean is compensate not super charge) for the curbs and small islands but also keep in mind the parking lot might need minor cleaning every time as well.

As a rule McDonald's employees are very conscientious about keeping the parking areas clean, so that's not a problem in itself but still they probably would appreciate it if you picked up those 3-4 pieces of litter that came about since one of them was last outside, might even be some customer dropped their whole meal's garbage outside like there isn't a trashcan, those kind of things.

But it still depends some, you can't bid $35 because it's 1/4 acre of grass either, there's usually more curbs, you DO need to do an all-around weed treatment even thou they're pretty good about this as well, but all around cracks in the pavement like by the curbs and the sidewalk and building as well...