1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bidding paverstone walls

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Bo-Line, May 29, 2008.

1. Bo-Line

Bo-Line LawnSite Member

I have just started a landscaping company during the last 12 months. Although I have done quite a few pavestone walls, I have no idea how to bid these? As these walls where not done on a daily basis, I don't really know how long it should take. I have a friend that says he does it on a square footage basis, but his way doesn't really make sense. Any input would help. Is there any semi-standardized way to atleast get some idea how to quote this? Thanks!
  2. greenguy08

greenguy08 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Calculate your materials and then carefully think out every step of the project and estimate your time. I wouldn't recommend pricing by the square foot.
  3. big acres

big acres LawnSite Member

Square footage as a base number is fine, then adjust for things like access. Can you drive a pallet along the wall will a skid, or does it go by hand? Is the wall straight, or more complex, etc... Track your hours on a few jobs and fine tune your bid process.