Bidding Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOTES, Feb 15, 2008.

1. MOTES

MOTES LawnSite Member

Simple question, How you come about prices on Commercial property? firgureing how long it take 1 man per hour with $35 per hour? or How you guy firgure this? becasue i feel like i'm way out of the ballpark if i'm thinking 1 guy for $60 per hour, Is 1 man for $35 per hour reasonable? Again this is something i'm learning on commercial property. I know with resdinatals you can make more per hour, but with commercial have to be a little different, right?
    Please let me know your thoughts or advise, I'll be greatly apprecate for your responds.
    Robert

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

$35 and hr is way to low. My hourly rate is $50 per man hour, then you have to ad in gas, equipment charges and so on to get your correct rate per hour charge. So for example a 2 man crew would start at $100 per hour the two mowers at $5 per hour for each mower then $3 per hour for two string trimmers, $3 per hour for each blower and gas so it would be around $125 hr. You will need to figure the amount of time each piece of equipment will be used on each property to figure your hourly rate correctly.

3. MOTES

MOTES LawnSite Member

well, i somewhat guess right that it's about 60 per man hour.....here's the deal, there's a landcare company down here argue with me that 60per man hour is "out of the ballpark". Therefore, making me sctrach my head thinking maybe he's right, but then thinking how the world can you pay for employee, so i asked him, basically he saying that it's shorten your time and add more to your hourly rate. he also stated that the big name lawncare companies are priced the same way, which 35 per man hour. I thought that was very hard to believe.

lawnpro724, I'm argee with you, that why i wanted to come here and see if i was right in the first place.

everybody else argee here somewhat?

4. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

35 ph is way too low. I can't make ends meet that cheap.

5. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

around her the going rate is 30-40 its different for each area, some areas are as low as 18 hr. according to a lawn cunsultant i talked to once

6. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

Were at 40 to 45. Probably why we always have work.

7. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

$60 per hour solo min