Bidding questions on Mult. locaton gas station

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by R&E PROPERTY MAINT., Mar 16, 2003.

1. R&E PROPERTY MAINT.

R&E PROPERTY MAINT. LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone out there could help me out in bidding some gas stations. Can anyone send me an example of a bid you have used in the past. I am looking a 9 local gas stations all managed by one person. I was out to look at them and am ready to write-up a bid, but was wondering if I should write them all seperate and have some kind of summary showing the locations and the price per month for all the stations. also I was wondering how detailed I should bid this for example: should I add spring/fall clean up, trash removal etc.
    as you can tell this is my first venture into comm. accounts and all the help would be appricated.
    if anyone could send me pictures of the stations they serve along with what they charge that would be great.
    Thanks,
    Ryan
    mnbrasil@msn.com

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't you think these are all questions you should have asked the people you're bidding for?

They would know better than us what THEY need and want done. These are simple questions any account should be asked, not only commercial.

I'd contact them again and get some questions answered with details. Someone here telling you what to include will not get the results the gas stations want. You may lose bids because of including, or not including, what they want.

3. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Randy Scott is right. The services to be performed should be defined by the customer before the proposal with payment schedual is submitted. Be careful with your 1st commercials. You will likely have to submit a certificate of insurance and workmans comp with your proposal. There will be lots of trash, increase damage risk to people and property, increase theft risk and you will probably have to wait 45 days for your money. That being said, you will have an opportunity to greatly increase your residential accounts by contact with the patrons. We don't do gas stations any longer but when we did I would estimate it like it was a residential lawn then double it. I have now been under bid on all stations.

4. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I don't know much about large gas stations. However I do know that when you work for one location or two locations that are owned by a single person / family there is a LOT of money to go around. Unless the people are complete scum bags, you shouldn't have any problems getting paid (usually in cash) :D

5. R&E PROPERTY MAINT.

HERE ARE A FEW PICS OF THE STATIONS I AM BIDDING.
    RANDY SCOTT, I TRYED TO ASK THE SAME QUESTIONS TO THE MANAGER, BUT ALL HE KEPT SAYING IS "I'M NOT SURE WHAT SHE WANTS INCLUDED IN THE BID" THE AREA MANAGER IS NOT AROUND MUCH, SO I WAS UNABLE TO CONTACT HER.

6. R&E PROPERTY MAINT.

7. R&E PROPERTY MAINT.

HERE IS ANOTHER

mvc-007s.jpg

8. R&E PROPERTY MAINT.

THANKS FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS RESPONDED

mvc-006s.jpg

9. I did 57 Mobil gas station a few years ago.

I suggest bid each one individually, be very detailed on what each station entails.