1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bidding residential-commercial.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scottscape, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I'm bidding on 72 residential properties for a real estate company. They will all be in one bid. I'm meeting with the guy who would sign the service agreement for them. Has anyone ever bid like this before?
  2. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

That's one big bid, make sure you don't cut your self short. Good luck
  3. Scottscape

Scottscape LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

yes it is a very large bid and will save me lots of time and money advertising and such. I know my expenses and know how much time its going to take me a week. on an average I did 60-70 yards a week by myself last season. Most of these are on the same street and in one area so travel time isnt much of a factor. Im just trying to think how I should write this bid in. My bid is simple and states what my mowing service offers and I hope that should be just enough plus a nice discussion. This guy was contracted last year for the mowing and now works in the reality office so he knows whats going on. My uncle and I do there snow removal for there lot so that has my foot in the door. Also my other uncle does alot of plumbing work for them and mainly all his work comes from them. I am just somewhat nervous about this because I do not bid low trying to beat the other guy if there is one. I'm thinking he will be more comfortable knowing that I have other family members that do work for them.
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a contract bid much like this ..... 127 homes .... have had it 3 years ...my price was slightly more than the previous LCO but giving a more personal touch was the real sale part

I will admit that without this volume in one stop I could NEVER give the price per home with out the volume .... they are getting a 30% discount based against a per home price
  5. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

We haven't been in this position yet! But, we may be this Spring with a lead I have.

You need to be comfortable with your bid, and be able to speak confidently to it.

They are obviously happy with who you (and your family) are, otherwise, they wouldn't have presented this opportunity for you!

Good Luck!

Let us know how you make out! :canadaflag: