Bidding snow removal

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Chris, Dec 23, 1999.

1. Chris

Chris LawnSite Member

I'm going to submit a bid that will include a request for snow removal pricing. Snow removal in Atlanta, GA! At any rate, I don't want the bid response to be thrown out because it might be considered incomplete without the snow removal info.<p>So want do you use? Per sq. ft.? Rock salt material used? plus time & margin? Is rock salt the best cover material? Need some help on this one.<p>Thanks in advance and season's greetings to all and best wishes for an abundantly prosperous new year!<p>----------<br>Chris<br>

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

ARe you providing snow plowing, or only ice control. What works best for melting depends greatly on your circumstances. Since you are in a local that will not see extreme temps(although 20 degrees may seem extreme there)the rock salt may work fine. However there is run off,vegatation and corrosion issues at hand. E-mail me direct plowking35@aol.com<br>and I can tell you some alternatives to rocksalt.<br>Also if you buy in bulk vs bag that will cause a huge difference in pricing. Since you will be the only one around that will have that material in stock, you may be able to name your own price. I also have a great line of snow pushers that work great in moving snowfall on walks. <br>Dino