Bidding Subdivision _ General Question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JacksonLawns, Jun 22, 2008.

1. JacksonLawns

JacksonLawns LawnSite Member

I am a small one man shop right now (15 weekly residentials and a few every now and thens). I am interesting in taking on a larger job, like a small subdivision.

Would I calculate a weekly cost to cut then multiply that by X cuts a year and bid the yearly total then send a monthly bill? Would I bid $X per cut? Landscaping would only consist of two big beds at the entrance. Would that be included in the bid? (spring fall cleanup plus edging and mulch).

Thanks for all of the awesome info on this site!

Jay

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah this sounds good to me. I've never landed a commercial job yet, but I've bid on a few. They always went with a company they've heard of before. As far as the bed maintenance, I'd give them a biweekly or monthly price for weeding the beds, and a price for mulch. As far as edging goes, I'd charge a certain amount per foot.

3. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Usually they will spec what they want done. They should give you a list of requirements. That way everyone is bidding on the same thing for bid comparison reasons.

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Ask for a spec sheet or if none available, ask to see last years contract.