Bidding

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davey, Oct 29, 2000.

1. Davey

Davey LawnSite Member

Hi everyone: I have been in the brushogging buisness for a couple of years and i am going to try commercial and residential mowing.I need help in finding a simple bid so i can line up some place for next year.Any help would be gratly appreciated.Thanks Davey

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Around here,most minimums are 25-30,unless you have a whole street,and an an acre is around 45-65depending on trimming and layout.2 acres is about 75-100,3 is 90-120,4 is 110-140,5 is 130-175, these are averages.Commercials with lots of islands,curbing,fencing,ponds all add to the cost,as do steep hills,bagging and rough lawns.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Davey, Welcome aboard as a new member! Where abouts are you from? Also, how do you charge for brushhogging, and what do you use?:)

4. Davey

Davey LawnSite Member

Runner, It all depends on basically where at whether your in the city or in a small town,with my 2 Kubota's one w/5ft and the other w/6ft brushog i am getting in between $25hr all the way up to $75hr,usually with a 4hr minumum.I just recently bought a 5410 John Deere w/14ft finshmower,and for the residental and commercial i have a Lazer Z,& Buhnton Walk behind