Biding a subdivision job

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mbrooks17, Jun 30, 2008.

1. mbrooks17

mbrooks17 LawnSite Member

We are new to the Landscaping Business. I have a friend who is a builder and got me in touch with the developer and they are taking bids for the neighborhood entrance, pool area, and court yard homes of a new subdivision.
    Does anyone have any kind of paperwork or spread sheet or anything to put this in writing. Also what would be good pricing for this, I know you guys haven't seen the property but just ball parking it. The entrance to the neighborhood & the pool is pretty large amount of grass to cut compared to most neighborhoods. They want it done once per week. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Integrity LC

Integrity LC LawnSite Member

$5-$500 for the pretty large amount of grass... but honestly, no one on here can give you a ball park price because for one, everybodys prices are different and two, no indication of size, amount of trimming or blowing. Give size, pictures (google earth is great for this), what equipment your using and maybe we can help you out.

3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Builders suck, I have them on the same list as lawyers, general contractors, and HOA's. Price it to make money, and expect to get paid in 60-90 days if ever. Good luck.