biding Gas Stations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&M, Dec 10, 2006.

1. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Any of ya'll have tips for biding gas stations?
  2. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

Ask the clerk for contact information on the owner, tell the owner you are interested in providing your services, and hand the owner an estimate.
  3. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Got that part!! Anything special to watch for when making the bid.:confused:
  4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

How about trading fuel for services
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Bid High...You are picking up alot of trash, running over gas caps, and BEGGING for your due money from the towel headed tramps that run these businesses. Lotsa luck! I wouldn't touch one for NO amount of money. I sure won't plow one for the cheap head choppin' slobs, either. they want you o wait until people are getting stuck in their lot before they want you to push. Just do a search on stations on here, I don't care if it is mowing OR plowing. There have been SO many people who contemplated it, decided to do it, and then got burnt. Any of the older members on here will chime in, because they've seen the threads regarding this.
  6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

The bartering system only runs so deep. Fuel is federally regulated and cannot be bartered to anyone's benefit. One of our long time clients owns some stations and makes very little money from the fuel. He said that a large percentage of his revenue is via in store sales.
  7. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be bidding on a set of 4 gas stations soon...not run by a "towel head" as stated earlier in this thread. Should be pretty lucrative...I know the owner and he's a good business man. Good luck to you B & M
  8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Dress very ragged in front of the station and hold a sign that says "Will mow for Gas". Refuse to leave until you get the job.
  9. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto..... The worst account I have ever had was a gas station..... collecting s*cks and the amount of trash every week was unreal
  10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I was joking. Dont take this online crap so serious.