bids in for next year?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by youngbuck, Oct 19, 2005.

1. youngbuck

youngbuck LawnSite Member

a kid that i go to school with said if i want commercial accounts that i have to start now. is this true i live in ohio.payup

2. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

good question. I don't know the answer but I look forward to one.

3. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

good question. I don't know the answer but I look forward to one.

4. KDLAWN

KDLAWN LawnSite Member

I know here in Alabama I am already started to call on businesses and getting my bid in now.. some say they are taking them now , others say they will be taking them first of the year.. just call the businesses you want and see if they are taking bids,,

5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm going to start calling people next week. Alot of times places that are taking bids for plowing and lawn care will take bids now.

I actually plan on goin to a couple of the industrial parks around here and just going from company to company putting bids in.

6. DistLawns

DistLawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I think its always better to get your foot in the door first! Then when all the other bids come in, hes going to compare them to yours, As long as you sell your service as quality, and price it decently, you should have a better shot. So the answer is yes, bid all you can early.

7. Adamma Landscape Group

Adamma Landscape Group LawnSite Member

You can get commercial accounts any time of the year. It just depends on the type of account and the company. Remember that in some companies the person who awards the contract quits or gets fired. So the new guy might want to change maintenance companies too. I have received calls like that this month but I was not interested.