Bids

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ahelbert, Jan 30, 2012.

1. ahelbert

ahelbert LawnSite Member

Small lawncare business that I bought came with a few accounts. How do I find new accounts and/or bids in my local area? I need help getting new accounts and I don't know where to start. Do I just call places and ask when they accept bids or is there a place where I can find open bids? Thanks.

2. GravelyWoman

GravelyWoman LawnSite Member

Now you have my curiosity up....Have you even owned a lawncare business before? Employees?

3. ahelbert

ahelbert LawnSite Member

First time. I worked for this business, then bought it with only the existing accounts. How do I get more business other than, business cards, signs, etc.? Where do lawn care businesses find bids?

4. GravelyWoman

GravelyWoman LawnSite Member

The best way is to just start working the business and don't try to grow the business fast! Make yourself a goal of how many customers you need to add to meet your expenses. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising. Do a great job and other jobs will follow!

And research on this site what others have done! Good luck!

Gravely Woman!

5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Why are you so concerned about bids? the only thing that a bid does is give the job to the low cost provider.

Sorry but you are in for a long haul. I am thinking that you should have had an inkling as to how to gain new work before you decided to buy out an existing business.

Hit the pavement my man, get out there....knowing where to find work is probably one of the easiest things in business. Gettting and keeping it is the challenge....

6. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

Mailers.....

7. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I'm still waiting for that door hanger guy to hijack this thread like he does every other one. 3...2....1...

8. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

LMAO

Touche' !

Robin Christopherson
    A'DEAS Printing
    Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
    www.AdeasPrinting.com
    robin@adeasprinting.com
    (316) 269-2494 ext. 200
    (866) 251-3181 fax
    719 S. St. Francis
    Wichita, KS 67211

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  9. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Hehehe. I'm just pulling your chain. We'll let you stay because you don't misspell any words when you type. Have you read any Meg-Mo posts???
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ahelbert

ahelbert LawnSite Member

I am doing the existing accounts. I have been doing them well. I am concerned about bids because if I do want more accounts, I just want someone to tell me how to do it. I agree with word of mouth. I mow several grocery stores, apartment complexes, attorney offices, and more. I would like someone to answer my orignal question of where to find when businesses are ready for mowing companies to place a bid? I would like to know when other grocery stores, apartment complexes and other businesses contracts run out.