Bifen xts oil based

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Georgia Lawn Works LLC, Oct 13, 2012.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I assume you guys are spraying at a 5+ gallon per 1000 volume to get good coverage? I do not have the ability to apply that rate and have been doing mound treatments with acephate or advion. Thinking of looking at top choice or quali pros fripinal.

I know bifen is cheap and if I could sell 3-4 apps during fire ant season(April-October). A skid would pay for itself in no time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. the_bug_guy

the_bug_guy LawnSite Member

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Ted

Menace-7.9% Bifenthrin is the Generic of TALSTAR.

Given the Label Rates of 0.5 oz of Talstar/Menace, you can get just under 6 acres 5.8 from a Gallon of $ 44 a gallon or $ 7.31 cost per acre. Bifen XTS cost me $ 25 a Quart and at High Rate will do 5 acres @ $ 5.00 an acre cost. At Low Rate Bifen XTS will cover 10 acres @ $ 2.50 cost. It is not the Price of the Jug, It is the Price Per Application that matters.

Remember I taught Material Calculation and the Cost factor was just as, if not more important as applying the proper Rates. In fact as a one man band I even calculate my total cost per job. My straight Insecticide Jobs and Inside Pest Control Chemical cost are lower than my Gasoline to get to the Job.

Dave

I will either call you or send you an E mail about extremely cost effective Fire Baits. BTW I think I told you I order a Bee Smoker today Thanks to your Recommendation. I want to try what you taught me.

4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

My mistake Ric. I could have sworn I saw that someone had posted $100/qt on the Bifen XTS. $25/qt is a damn good price. Remember, I'm a businessman as well. Sometimes I am limited by what is available in my area as far as suppliers/supplies. I can promise you I have been making a killing on upsell insecticide apps on lawns. I have been charging regular app price and that averages $200-$225/acre. $7.31/acre material cost means payup

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

You're telling me??

[​IMG]

BTW the Reese Receiver on the front is for a Special Bait Spreader. I also have a Fertilize spreader that fits the Reese receiver on both this and My Ric-A-Green.

6. the_bug_guy

the_bug_guy LawnSite Member

Nice picture ric.... I usually takes pictures by the water of bikini's or fish

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Bikini's cost money Ric's Ride makes Money. That one job where the picture was taken, Paid for Ric's Ride in less than a year. BTW I can kill an acre of Fire Ants in less than 5 minutes. No way anyone with out this type of equipment can touch my prices or quality or work.

Hope you recognize the 150 Gallon Tank, you gave it to me. This is a work in Progress. While it cost close to 25K in 1992. I got it free and well worn out. I had to rebuild it from the ground up. Just one Hydralic Brake Cylinder from Toro was $ 325.00. We stripped it to the Frame and build it back.