Big Bad Deer!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

:cry: Last week i was doing a clean-up. it's about 2 in the afternoon, sun to my back. blowing leafs.spacing off, then out of the blue it was standing there, watching me! and it was BIG, it's eyes didn't blink. i did'nt know what to do.it was about 7 foot from me,and i could tell it wasn't happy. yup it was a big buck. i counted the points as i turn and ran to the truck! 10! it hit my trailor and broke one of it's antlers off . after it ran away and i finished the clean-up,( ah, in my pants) i notice apples everywere! :realmad:

2. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

The hunter that sees that deer with one side of it's rack missing/broke is going to be looking for the other deer that was big enough to get in a fight with the 10pt. and break the antler off p.s. I hope you picked up the antler becauase there are some of us that get a little excited over them.

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

that ol' big boy is going to have a headache... :dizzy: Don't be messing with a big buck's territory while the rut is on...he'll poke ya.

Buck

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

What I want to know is how did you outrun a deer?

5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

He had a 7' head start!!!!
    :dizzy: :) :) :) :) :)

6. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

What I want to know is how did you outrun a deer?<<<<GREEN pastures ASK>>> ummm alls i know is i made it to my truck. i've never ran that fast, truck was close bye, yup i saved the antler! the home owner thought it was funny. maybe a surcharge is in place here! whatcha think bobby??? lol. :dizzy: A deer surcharge

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

talk about hazzard pay

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is a story to pass on to other LCO's in years to come

9. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyday I get a number of them wandering around on my property. There are a couple of them that like something in one of my compost piles, perhaps the fermenting crabapples.

A couple of bucks squared off a few days ago and now one comes up alone and shows signs of being pretty banged up.

2004_1113Image0016.JPG