Big Big Snowstorm

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by chesapeake, Mar 19, 2003.

1. chesapeake

chesapeake LawnSite Member

I live in Northern Colorado, and I just fertilized with Scotts and applied Revive to my yard on Saturday. This week we had a very large snowstorm, about 30 inches of wet snow and rain.

My question, is this large amount of water too much after fertilizing, is it going to wash out or leach out the fertilizer ?

I am wondering if maybe I should of waited till after the snowstorm to fertilize.

2. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Small amounts of snow usually don't hurt but with what you guys got I would think the Scotts product could be leached away. I WOULD NOT apply any more now. Just wait until its time for step two. I'm not the expert on fertility break down and absorbtion. A few of the other here may have better insight.

3. As dry as everything was plus it will take 3-6 days for this snow to melt, shouldn't be a problem.
    With watering restrictions you were better off having it done 1st.
    Revive you can reapply in 6-8 weeks.
    On the Scott's it would depend on which product you used and application rate. Keep N to 1/2 # per K this time of year and wait 8 weeks before applying another 1/2 #

4. Depends on amount of n/m, % csrn, and source of csrn