big black mulch beds

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by CutRight, May 31, 2006.

1. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

50 yards of topsoil, 18 yards of black mulch, 1 day = some big black mulch beds

gmulch1.JPG

gmulch2.JPG

gmulch3.JPG

gmulch4.JPG

gmulch5.JPG

2. CutRight

and no i didnt plant those trees in a straight line like that, those are the neighbors, i cant stand plantings like that.

3. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

looks good...gotta love the black mulch and how the dye is all over everything when done.

4. Cahsking

Cahsking LawnSite Member

Looking great...is it me or does black mulch need turned 20x more than any other?

5. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

nice job, looks great!

got to get some pics up of our last mulch job, 50yards black mulch in about 10-15 different beds.

6. MSLandscaping

MSLandscaping LawnSite Member

HOw do you like the small Kubota tractor in pic 2?? I have been thinking of purchasing one for small jobs. Do you like it better than a skidsteer??

7. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Howd you get all the material to the site... do you have a dump trailer to tow behind your truck?

8. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good thats always fun.

9. CutRight

yea that tractor is the best for doin mulch jobs. doesnt tear apart the lawn like a skid steerer would do. but it doesnt have much power for doing anything else. i have a york rake and tiller for it for prepping new lawns. works great.

i used my 10,000# dump trailer to get the mulch there, but i had the topsoil delivered in 3 20 ton loads.

i used my mini ex to spread the topsoil to build the beds, and spread some of the mulch. with the tractor to spread most of the mulch.

i also put in a stone driveway there with my mini x the same day. it was a very productive day. 20 ton load of 1 1/4 stone.

10. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

If you get time show me some pics of the dump trailer would love to see it~~~ Nice nice work...