Big Block B/s Vanguard Hrs.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Oct 25, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Alright folks, chime in and lets here some of the hour numbers you have on your big block Vanguard engines and tell us what you are running them on.

Give us your opinions on all your likes and dislikes (if any), oil consumption rates, fuel economy, power, cranking and switching off.

The 32 hp. I ran for a month on the Bad Boy Lightening was excellent in all the above categories but we need some input from higher hour machines.

Thanks for your time and help!

2. JOSLAWN

JOSLAWN LawnSite Member

I have 1400 hrs on a TTiger 31hp dont use no oil I service it every 40 hrs.Amazing machine.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Audrey has several trouble free years and loves her 35 Briggs. I don't know her hours though. I haven't put a dent in the bucket during this drought. But trouble free so far. This question has been asked before and there were a few that had trouble that was covered under warranty and they seem to be satisfied with them. My buddy has a 27 Kawasaki blowing blue smoke so you never know.

4. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag Turf Tiger 35HP Liquid cooled Briggs with around 1,300 hours. So far one cracked head around 400 hrs, and the radiator keeps leaking. It cracked once at top, where tube connects and know cracking in middle of right side. I tell you I am getting sick of this motor. I have Kawi's liquid cooled with 3,000 + hrs with no problems, especially with the radiator. I will not buy another of these motor. Only reason I bought it was because only big block available. Hopefully next year Scag will offer Kawis big block and will sell this machine.