1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

big blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fblandscape, Sep 7, 2003.

1. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I have a big leaf clean-up job to do this fall. Presently I have a 6 year old Fradan blower with a 9HP Briggs Vanguard engine. It still runs alright, however it did give me some problems the other day starting, and I believe it is losing power. I also have a 9 year old Billy Goat blower with a 5HP Briggs engine which also runs, but barely has any power. The place I am going to be cleaning up is basically a forest. I would like to try out the new Little Wonder blowers with the Hondas. My question is though, which is a better machine to purchase? The 9HP Honda, or the 13HP Honda? I would appreciate it if you people could give me your opinions on both. I know that the 13HP machine will probably be around $1,400 but I am not sure.
  2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Little Wonder w/ an 11 horse Briggs I/C engine. My 11 horse has the same size fan and housing as the 13 horse Honda. My 11 is an animal. Little Wonder has the best wheeled blowers period. If you can afford the 13 Honda, that's the one to get!!!!
  3. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

fb--The 9hp Little Wonder blower is on a smaller housing than the 13hp Little Wonder blower and consequently blows less air than the 13hp. You are right about the pricing of the 13hp Little Wonder. You can get the same housing as the 13hp if you buy the Little Wonder 10hp with the Briggs Intek engine. It blows just as well as the 13hp and costs $850. Quite a savings for the same results!!!!!
  4. blowerboy

blowerboy LawnSite Member

However with the honda, the mufferler fell of my 13hp little wonder. But other then that it will blow anything!!! from piont blank it blows about 30 yards away! I love my little wonder!!!!
  5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

new Force blower from Billy Goat. We carry both Gravely (little wonder painted red and black) and Billy Goat. The 9hp billygoat force seems to put out about the same as the 13 little wonder. We put the two 13's next to each other, the Billy Goat is noticably more powerfull.
  6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto the force, I saw it last month and it truly is a beast!
  7. Yard Dude

Yard Dude LawnSite Member

I find the 9hp strong enough for almost anything....Couldn't imagine having to haul around the 13hp all day, especially if the terrain isn't already graded or level. My 2 cents
  8. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Love my Little Wonders w/ Honda engines...but I did just see the new Billy Goat, looks like that might be my next one.
  9. lazer9284

lazer9284 LawnSite Member
    from florida

little wonder 13 honda, best by far
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We used Echo PB650 backpack blowers for several years then got the 13HP Billy goat. I would not even bother with the 9HP since a couple back packs would outperform it. With the 13HP it will do more work than two of the biggest backpacks. It rolls easy on pavement don't know what it would be like in the lawn with these little tires. Probably could get big tires put on it.