Big Brother is making new rules

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy53, Nov 16, 2001.

1. lawnboy53

lawnboy53 LawnSite Member
    from Neb

2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

PLEASE JUST TELL US

Is it a Federal @#@#&&@! BAN ON LEAF BLOWERS?

Ken

Please, I don't want to be on "patrol" for cuss words and I realize some of you do you use these words in every day life. But leaving out just the "U" out of that word did nothing at all to disguise it and that word has no place here.

3. lawnboy53

from Neb

Sorry if it did not work. Go to www.senate.gov and look up bill #111.
    It is a pre-notification law for pesticide applications.

4. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

(House) HR111 has to do with Pesticides use as schools and went into effect over a year ago....

(Senate) S111 has to do with supporting milk producers.

What are we supposed to be looking at?

Mark

5. lawnboy53

from Neb

Mark, Sorry i grabbed the wrong one, it is Bill S855

6. casey

casey Guest

It looks as though there will be a pesticide ban for residentials & commercials in Toronto as soon as next year to go along with the blower ban. GO ORGANIC!

7. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

OK Lawnboy53...

I broused through it and don't have the interest it takes to read something so "dry". What's the "Readers Digest" version of all that?

Mark

8. lawnboy53

from Neb

Mark, It was brought to my attention, I have not read all of it, but understand it to mean if you treat a property the touches a school yard you must pre-notify them before hand and if you are treating a school you must notify all touching properties. That is the law they are trying to get passed in Nebraska. We killed it last year but it has reared its ugly head again. Just beware of legislatures in your own town and states looking to feed of this federal legislation by writing local pre-notification laws. Be informed and heard.

9. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Not much of a threatening law if pre-notify is the only thing changing.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We have a catalog here in the state of Michigan that we are required to refer to. It has listings of all residents and property owners who wish to be informed if pesticides are going to be used within a 1000 ft. radius of their property. Michigan Law.