big bug prob!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Frontier-Lawn, May 18, 2007.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i have these bugs all around my property, what are they its ticking me off. last year i had none?
    this year they are every were, i lay a rake on the ground and pick it up 30 min later they are all over the under side of it. please help in eradicating them completely.

the fist pic is a baby

DSC02913.JPG

DSC02917.JPG

DSC02920.JPG

DSC02919.JPG

2. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

It looks like a boxelder bug. I'm not an expert by any means, but do a google on it and look at the pics.
    http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/insect/05522.html
    Most residual pesticides such as Talstar or Temp SC would do fine for perimeter treat. If they are that bad in the tree, you might consider spraying the tree.

Good Luck,
    John

3. pesticide

pesticide LawnSite Member

boxelders for sure and i second the talstar advice.

4. Frontier-Lawn

5. Frontier-Lawn

[​IMG]

6. Frontier-Lawn

i found what bug it was from your link, thanks

7. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

they are just a nuisance pest,they have will gather in clumps to catch a sunbeam ,when its getting cool or early morning.We never get call about em , most home owner just soak em with water and dish soap a couple times to soften their cuticle and subject em to diseases . Over the years i have tried several non restrict products and they seem to eat it for breakfast.I would not spray any vegetation, for obvious reasons .If they visit me this year it will be sticky traps and dawn at ten paces.

8. MNmasterEXTERMINATOR

MNmasterEXTERMINATOR LawnSite Member

I use Demand CS around structures and it completly wipes them out. If it is a boxelder bug they will be on box elder trees and certain maples. Try a microencapsulated formulation for maximum control if you have access to them.

9. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

what kind of tree is that? looks like some sort of fruit?? make sure whatever you use is labled for fruit trees.. even if you dont eat from it, kids or somebody else might. sevin should get'm and it's labled for certin fruit trees, talstar is not.

10. Frontier-Lawn