big business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Leone LawnCare, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

how many of u guys have multiple trucks and have guys doing the work while u go around marketing and doing paper work. that is what i hope to be doing in 10 years.

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Depends if you like to do paper work ,I personally hate it.I would rather be sitting on a lazer than sitting in an office.

3. Sitting on a mower limits your income potential.......

4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

The "Godfather" said it best :cool:

5. goose

goose LawnSite Member

Ten years is a long time , I dont know if you want to work on a crew that long before you make a move or thats how long you think it will take. I went from doing about $60,000 a year in 1998 to doing between $700,000 - 900,000 this year.Not all of that is just grass cutting crews . I also have landscaping crews , cleanup work and spraying . But it all comes from the maintenance contracts that I picked up . It all grew together. The only way is to be out there selling and managing. You have got to be dedicated and willing to put in the time and effort.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I currently do that on & off..but I love being out in the field as well. I usually mow for about 2 days out of the week, do landscaping maintenance & fertilization for 2 days, and then the other days I am in the office. Last year I tried the whole office situation for a month. That is all that I lasted before I got bored out of my mind and I noticed a big drop in production time. That is why I like to be out in the field to increase the production time & decrease costs.