1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

big city fall clean up

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jacob land and, Mar 22, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

i got a phone call today from a lady who is in charge of 5 buildings in ohio area, she wants a spring clean up for all 5 buildings. the buildings dont have much grass, all she wants done are the beds weeded and cleaned up, tree/bushes/shrubs pruned, every where sidewalk meets grass needs to be edged, stuff like that. around here i am charging $35.00 an hour and no one has had a problem with that price, she told me she was willing to $8.50 an hour and i have to drive almost 1 1/2 hours to get there. there is at best guess 7-8 hours total for all 5 buildings. is it worth it?
  2. JCee

JCee LawnSite Member
    from NY

No way!!!!!!!
  3. Blade-o-grass

Blade-o-grass LawnSite Member

No siree...35/hr is a good price to meeee.
  4. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

you can get a job at mcdonalds making fries for 8.50/hour

2.50/gallon for gas....8.50 an hour to break your back weeding, cleaning, edging and pruning....i don't think so
  5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

ypu need to be in around $600 for 7-8 hours including drive time.
  6. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

thanks guys
  7. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

$ 8/hr x 12 hr day = less then $ 100.00 I would have told her right over the phone to try and hire a kid down the block. And she better start looking for ones around 7 years old who think that is still a lot of money. :hammerhead:
  8. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

35/ hour for cleanups? Geez I get $75 / hour. Maybe it's just my location. Anyway I wouldn't touch it. your gas cost just to get their and back won't justify it for that type of work.