Big Decision Experts Please Help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Benz2328, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

I need to make up my mind because I need to pick up one of the following in the next two days!

1. CUB CADET TANK (23 kaw 48 in deck)= $8996.05

2. SCAG TIGER CUB (19 kaw 48 in deck) = $9965.86

3. SCAG WILDCAT (26 liquid cooled 52 in deck) $12,229 <--- EXPENSIVE

Note those prices include a bagging system and tax!

I want the best deal for the money! :dizzy:

I can't fall asleep trying to figure out whats the best mower for me. The Tank has the fastest ground speed (12mph) and I think the 48 inch deck is gonna be easier to manuver cuz I had a 50 inch rider and it was pretty much perfect.. What I don't get is everyone around here uses scags... there is about a $1000 difference between the tank and the cub but the tank is much more powerful and faster... oh and also i guess it comes standard with a striper.. The scag wildcat is just to expensive.. but if thats what you guys recommend ill try to talk my dealer down! UGH TOUGH DECISION! PLEASE HELP

2. bock

bock LawnSite Member

Scag tiger cub is a great! I like the hustler Iam running now!

3. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

I think if you go with the Tiger Cub you'll need more motor if your bagging system includes a blower.

My Hustler 19/52 has adequate power but I think it would come up short if it had to run a blower too.

I'd pick the Cub over the Tank if the engine sizes were the same but the Tank might be the better choice with the addition of the bagger.

Either one should be a good mower for you!

4. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Scags Wildcat if you can afford it. Agree that the Cub will be underpowered with the bag. $10,000 for the cub seems still too high even with a bagger. You can get the cub around here for around 7 and I know the bagger cant be 3.

5. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

i would try to go with the wildcat, i had one good mower if you have a good dealer.

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I would get the Wildcat and would shop around on those price if you could. They do seem a little high. Everyone around you that runs the Scags, runs them for a reason. "Simply the Best":usflag:

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Those prices are high.

8. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I HAVE the 48 inch tank best mow job in AKRON.............................THINKING about new 54 with bagger this week good luck . my tank has 700 hours , no repairs needed.....

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

You need to demo them, we can only help so much. If you go Scag bargain for a better price even if you go to another dealer or two to find one.

10. Way Too High On Price In My Opinion. I Picked Up My New O6 Hustler Super Z 60"/27hp Kohler In Spring Of 07 For $7800. I Might Would Shop Around A Little More. You May Be Able To Get A 07 At A Discount With Full Warranty. Good Luck.