Big Dog Mowers... Anyone Seen These Yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProcsLC, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ProcsLC

ProcsLC LawnSite Member

I've known him (my dealer) for years and he told me about a new commercial mower but MUCH cheaper then what I currently have now (ferris and snappers) that he just picked up the product line for...

It looks like a residential zt, no where near as heavy as a snapper/ferris, but has a kawa motor and prices starting at:

42" 2995.00
    48" 4200.00
    54" 4500.00

Has aonyone else seen these or run one? I was looking at the smaller ZT for 3k... would be nice on some of my smaller yards, might have to go demo one of these for a week but wanted to see if anyone else has had any expeience with one on here...

Any thoughts?
  2. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

They had an ad in Turf magazine, and Ive never seen a homeowner model of any mower in that magazine.
  3. ProcsLC

ProcsLC LawnSite Member

Just reading over the flyer my dealer handed me... They say its a commercial mower and comes with a commercial use warranty... This would be MUCH cheaper then any other commercial mower we've used before...

Just wondering if anyone else has used one yet? I was planning on upgrading to a larger walk behind, but for the same cash can get a ZT rider?! Guess I'm gonna have to demo this big dog and write a review of it on here....
  4. hockeyman20

hockeyman20 LawnSite Member

I demoed one from a dealer in Conneticut. I felt it was a good machine. Plus it has a kawi engine. I think this is a good machine
  5. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

For those prices, you could get 3 48" for the same price of a 60" zero turn like some of them are going!! Id demo it and take a look!!
  6. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Arn`t they a Hustler brand or somrthing?
  7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I was told that they were made by Hustler, much like Land Pride mowers.
  8. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen one in person last month at a show. They kinda look like the old husqvarna`s to me. I am sure they are good mowers, cant be any worse than bad boy.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

There is almost always a reason for cheap, this machine is probably no exception.
  10. ProcsLC

ProcsLC LawnSite Member

I agree with this statement, and I am almost "waiting" for their to be something wrong with them... BUT, I'm not sure yet... It just kind of seems like a bare bones mower, nothing fancy, which is maybe why its cheaper... Think I may just have to go and grab one for a week and test it out and see for myself... The idea of only paying 3K for a NEW commercial mower would be great, at this price I would buy a new one every freaking year!