big dog mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MONTE, Dec 10, 2009.

1. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

anyone looked at these machines yet? I took my second close look at a 54" and a 60" on a rep trailer today. They are virtually the same as the hustler except for the engine set up and the dual mount scalp wheels. I did not notice any other diffrence except color and name. anyone elso know of any other diffrences?

2. MONTE

Anyone have any input?

3. subhunter

subhunter LawnSite Member

Haven't had the opportunity to really look at one as yet, but they're considered a "value" level Z. Means they're basically Hustlers cheapened up in some way to keep the price down.

4. MONTE

when I talked to the rep. He said the machines are the same as a hustler except for engine options color, the dual posts on the deck and engine location. He did say the reason for price diffrence is there is very little time or no time for floor planning and the warranty was not as long, also no advertising budget. If you take that out of the product pricing would drop for sure! I do like the Red color however sure was pretty:) Not sure how long it would stay that way however.

5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Been looking to see one of these at any dealer in the Orlando area cause that is what I had heard. I figured with a Hustler distro center down here, since they are set up the same, my dealer could get parts by next day, so why pay a premium if I can get it cheaper.

6. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I think the worst thing that can happen if you purchase a NO name brand or Equipment.
    or a not so common one. then they disappear. or your local dealer cant make money selling them.

and you have a break down, and cant get parts untill next Thursday, then when the part arrives, it's wrong...

THEN WHAT

8. Hustler needs to concentrate and get some of there problems fixed with there yellow mowers before they start building red ones..

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i was not under the impression there was issues with their z's. i know of a few guys running them without issues i iknow of

10. vharman4

vharman4 LawnSite Member

hustlers with red paint...