Big Dog owners, help me out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by zspeed130, May 13, 2013.

1. zspeed130

zspeed130 LawnSite Member

I need a mower bad. Local hustler dealer has a big dog I am gonna demo tomorrow. It looks like the A series or above but I did not write down a model number. Pretty sure it has servicable spindles. I think it is 20-22 HP Kohler but I see on the Big dog site they now offer Kawi. They want 3K. No budging on price. It has a 48in deck and only 230hrs. It is nice but has definatly been used. Thoughts? 3K is my limit surprisingly and I REALLY need to get my other guy on a mower. Is there any models I should stay away from? It is gonna get about 10hrs through the week on a condo complex and a pretty rough church (my 60in will do most of the work). I dont want to buy something I am gonna beat to death in one season. The 48in is kinda nice because it will get in places the 60 wont at the condos. It will also get a lot of use in the fall with leaves, mulching and blowing them to property lines.

Whatcha think?

Z

2. tdadkins00

tdadkins00 LawnSite Member

U can get a really nice used walk behind for 3 grand don't know if I would buy a A series like model