Big Generacs throwing Rods ?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Realslowww, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I just wanted to see your mower. What model do you have and the year?
    My self its more simple to replace the motor with the same brand That way you bolt plug and mow with in 2-3 hrs
    That be the smart thing to do

2. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a 72 Super Z 2008 and it has a 30 HP Kohler, that is nowhere near enough engine for this mower. At the time this was about what anybody offered that would fit on this machine. That is one of the reasons Hustler did a redesign of the Super was so you could put a real motor on it,

3. Realslowww

I am not saying you cannot get parts, I am being told from multiple dealers it can be a issue, that is just what the Bobcat dealer told me.

In my posts it explains why I want the Generac, More power in a package that will work for me. All this stuff I am asking is legit. Do yourself a favor and just don't reply. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Well Kohler will have more net power then the Generac will have

So you have no photos of your own mower?

If I was putting new motor on and money wasn't a issue I would by the Kohler

5. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

Seems to me the OP ain't got the cash it takes to put a real motor on his mower............so what we got here...........is failure to communicate!

6. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Ya Think...????:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

7. Realslowww

This is not show and tell for me, I could not care about having a picture of my mower, you can Google XR 7 Super Z and look for yourself to be satisfied if you want to see one. :laugh: I know a 33 Generac will smoke a Kohler 30 in power, a 33 Generac is 990 cc and is as powerful as a BB Kaw or Briggs from talking to people and I demoed a 74 inch DC with a Big Generac and was impressed. I have just heard spotty reports on a few things about them and want clarification.

More than likely I will buy a Generac or a BB Briggs 36 but the Genny makes way more sense because it is bolt up and go with Exhaust mod only and it is American made.

I was approved on the New Super Z no money down and 0% but it makes more sense considering the economy here to use what I have. The 30 HP Kohler is a good motor just down on power for my needs. I still use it but it slows me down on 3 week old grass bad. It gets fairly good gas mileage so it is all trade offs. A 1000 cc V twin will suck gas so fuel injected BB make more sense at todays gas pieces.

I will put the 30 HP Kohler on my 60 Super Z and pull the 27.

8. Snyder's Lawn Inc

DC is design for Generacs Your pulleys on your so called Hustler might not be right size for a Generac to get all its power My DC has Kohlers has different size pulleys vs my Generac models

For not wanting show your hustler gets me and everybody else thinking that you are just blowing smoke

Who cares about gph I look what I can cut in one hour that is what counts I can cut 5 acres in a hour and use less then 2 gal. You figure the 5 acres in money I avg. 30 per acre I made 150 burnt $1.00 per acre

Good luck on your approved loan for a new mower

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Yep I think his site name fits him well real slow

Acts like a kid

10. zspeed130

zspeed130 LawnSite Senior Member

Just FYI, I only have a few years full time mowing. I just bought a 60" dixi with a 33hp generac. It blows my old 27 kawi straight out of the water. We had an extremely wet spring and I could not bog it down. I take good care of it. Check oil very day or very other day. Change at 80-100 hrs with full synthetic mobile one 10-30, I should probably change plugs And be the valves adjusted when the season is over . Mine is right At 1000 hrs and I fully expect to get AT LEAST another 1000

Just my .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.