big green trash cans where to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike9497, Mar 30, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

heys guys i went to slowe's last night looking for some new green landscape trash cans and they know longer sell them.anyone know where i can get them??

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

3. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I've found 45 gal at K-Mart, Home Depot, has wheels. HD has a bigger selection.....

Lou :cool:

4. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Ace Hardware $32.00 Big Grey 32gal. Rubbermaid

5. SLC1234

SLC1234 LawnSite Member

LESCO, that is the place to buy them, you have one in your area should be around $40-50. Really good, bottoms wear out in about two or three years though. Just my two cents

6. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

try lesco or shemins nurseries. also, home depot sold them last year although I don't remember seeing them this year.

I set my crews up with 44 gal. rubbermaid cans now from HD. The gray heavy duty ones. they last alot longer because of a very strong bottom, cost about $40 instead of $60+ for the green ones. 44 gal. seems to be the right size, especially with these wet leaves and debris. Depot also has 32 gal. which I also bought. They are decent and alittle cheaper.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have been using 32 gallon (I believe) cans from Wal-Mart for several years. They are the somewhat flexible ones, not the blow-molded type that crack. They've been pretty durable, and for like $9, they're a pretty good deal. I've used the Brute model before, but they cost about 4 times as much and they have a bad habit of "walking off".

8. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I got mine at Home Depot last year... $38.96

Got the reciept here in front of me....
    If you call them.. have them punch in the UPC #
    See if they have them yet.

This is the BIG green one with the wire handle on one side.

9. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks guys for the help i shall check out home depot

10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

What are the trash cans for? I use a Lawn Funnel, way better than a trash can,IMO anyway.