1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

big green trash cans where to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike9497, Mar 30, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i use them for everything
  2. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

The bottoms of the green barrels usually wear out, especially if you drag them on the pavement when full. Take a drill, drill 4 or so holes in the bottom. Cut a piece of thin plywood and bolt it to the bottom of the barrel. When the plywood wears out, you just remove it and bolt a new piece back on. works pretty well, doesn't add much weight, and saves you from heaving to purchase new barrels.
  3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy from Lesco, but I know Home Depot also sells them.
  4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

greenman, what the heck is a lawn funnel??? :confused:
  5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Its like a barrel but with no bottom, and its wider at the top. It fits inside of a bag, keeping the bag open and upright. When the bag is full, just lift out the funnel. It eliminates dumping trash cans. Ill try tp get a pick of mine tomorrow. Do a search, I think I posted a pic of a lawn funnel before.
  6. C & S

C & S LawnSite Member

Hey Greenman, do you remember where you got the funnel? I did a search and it didn't mention anything.
  7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I found a pic-

lawn funnel.jpg
  8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I did talk about it in an old post, back in Dec '02-

I bought at a local hardware store here in town. (B)lowes or Home Chepot do not carry these. They are hard to find. Im sure you can look on the internet and find out who carries them in your area. The manufacturer might could tell, if they'll talk to you.
  9. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

Those big green or orange 60 gal. cans are awesome. I have an orange one that I've been using for 12 years now. I was just thinking today that it's time to look for a new one cuz the bottoms wearing out. I don't remember seeing anyone else around here using them, I know on Long Island all the LCO's have them.
  10. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Big green cans here as well, from Home Depot as well for right like you mentioned... $39.00.. :)

I also have a lawn funnel for when we have to bag leaves in the fall. Works fairly well to get a bag started. I have to perfect the system though. :)