Big hole punchers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Feb 6, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Im looking for a 1" hole puncher for my doorhangers but cant find them anywhere! Could someone please give me a site to find them?

2. columbia

columbia LawnSite Member

3. stevenf

Ive figured it all out already. The way Im doing it, its costing me about $85.00 for 3000 door hangers. I wont be finding any others that look this good at that price. Only bad thing is the there isnt a hole yet.
    Anyone know of a site to get it from? Need it ASAP! Thanks in advance.

4. columbia

columbia LawnSite Member

I don't know about a hole but next time if you buy blank ones you can get 3000 for just under $60 and then print em on a laserjet. Thats what I do and I refill my tonor cartriges and spend about another $10 on ink. Price ends up fairly close to yours but my door hangers already come punched...just a thought for next time. As for a hole...try a scrapbooking store for a circle punch and then cut a slit for it to open around the knob. That should work but definately time consuming...

5. stevenf

I will definenatly keep that in mind. Thanks for your response.
    Anyone else know a site?

6. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

try a scrapbooking store

7. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

8. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

I did the same thing you did and let me tell you......it's no fun. You can only punch about 2-3 sheets at a time. It's very time consuming, but if you have nothing else to do, then go for it. You're hands will get very sore.

9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

May I suggest, take it to a full service printer. They put 1000 in a stack and drill the hole.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It takes a hole saw that goes in a drill. These are available at Home depot. you have to compress that stack tight, and it will drill right through. Apply light pressure. The slits at the top can be done with a band saw. A hacksaw would probably work, though.