big jim ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by strickdad, Nov 26, 2001.

1. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

any body noticed that big jim of jims mowing service is now a member here?? from what i hear he owns one of the largest lco franchises in the world.....
  2. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I was Jim,I'm but one of the 2000 franchisees!Its the second most common question we get asked after "Do you mow lawns","Are you Jim".Jim is actually Australian,I'm in New Zealand.Franchising is big down here,it saves a lot of down time as they do all the advertising and send you jobs in your set area,they answer the phone 24hrs and send jobs on your cellphone pager so we can get there real quick.Their advertising is way bigger than a solo operator could dream of,and we generally get the big jobs cause people like to deal with a big reputable firm.Jims is shooting for 5000 franchisees but dont worry their not trying to take over the world each franchisee is their own business.You got a great forum here and I've already picked up some good ideas and talked to some great folks in the chat room.I've put an article in this months newsletter in our area so you might hear from some more of us down hear,happy mowing..............

Jims have a web site
  3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks as though Jim is a Jack-of-all-Trades. ;) Even barbecueing....Man!
  4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Correct me if I'm wrong.....

We now cover US (including Hawaii), Canada, Australia, Ireland, Germany, and New Zealand.

Not bad, huh? ;)
  5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, but nobody in mexico, or gb, or alaska:confused: