1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

big job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Leone LawnCare, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

ok 25 yard of hard wood mulch 15 yards 50/50 mix reseed for 1750. good price? dirt cost 367 and mulch cost 536 seed cost 300
    i can do this in a day
  2. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

That is $547 Gross profit. How many man hours? Any equipment rentals? A few hundred low for me personally. Everyone is different as far as what they need to make.
  3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

$3600.00 materials and labor......Thats what I would get for it.
  4. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

no rentals probably 10 hours i think its a good chunk of change for one day
  5. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

is that solo? It seems like a lot of work for one guy to do in a day.
  6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

My thoughts exactly. No way it can be done solo in 10 hours. As for pricing. The $1750 wouldn't even cover my mulch install. But then again if I lived with mom and dad and all I needed was beer money....;)
  7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

If that price covers your expenses and makes you a profit then everything is great. That price is far too low for my neck of the woods. That is a lot of work for just one guy.

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

What kind of machine do you have??
  9. hboyd_com

hboyd_com LawnSite Member
    from PA

No reason to beat the guy down dude...... His price structure is different than your's. Doesn't make you or him wrong... just different.

If he is comfortable with it that is all that matters. I'm puzzled why he would ask but that get's back to the "we are all different" comment.
  10. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

P.S. Stick around a while before you post like this. BTW...where in PA are you from? It's a big State. Truth hurts sometimes. Also...didn't you notice the ;)? In internet lingo, that means just kidding.