Big Lawns. Like them, Hate them? Show them!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AdamChrap, May 17, 2006.

1. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

Just woundering if you guys like big lawns or not. I LOVE them. I'd say over %50 of my work is lawns over 5 acers. Here is some pics of one of my acounts I did today. It is a water treatment planet and it takes me about 2 1/2hrs. (I don't even have to pick up my trimmer, They let me spray around everything!)The lines are crappy due to the wet grass and soggy ground. Keep in mind this is all one place.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. AdamChrap

Sorry, Try one more time

Treatment 1.jpg

Treatment 2.jpg

Treat 3.jpg

Treat 4.jpg

Treat 5.jpg

3. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

i myself like 5 acre lawns, anything bigger for me is a hassle, because if it rains like it did here for nine days strait its hard to catch up. i can usually service a 5 acre lot in or around the same time you can. however i love one arce lots , i can get in and out really fast and make great profit...

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I like big lawns, we have quite a few, but we are more profitable on 1/3-1 acre lawns. Have few that are 3 or so acres but aren't as profitable.

5. AdamChrap

sorry this lot that i do in2 1/2hrs is a 7.5 acher lot. Hmm....I make better profit on the big places. I try to steer more into industrial type mowing. I find the people are les picky, Heck I have some places that I have never even saw the person I work for. I mow, They like the work, They send a check and call me back in the spring! So I am in and out with no bull, I love it. Goya love it when they say "Go ahead and use all the roundup you want. What ever makes it easier for you." :cool2:

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Must be nice

7. AdamChrap

I think I finaly got it to show the pics, Lets try..............

Treatment 1.gif

Treatment 2.gif

8. AdamChrap

:cry: I don't get it

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The pictures are there, but if you post more than one picture per post, the pictures will be links that need to be clicked. If you post just one picture per post, then the picture automatically loads.

10. velocicaur

velocicaur LawnSite Member

The pictures work and it they look good!